Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Working and ADD

I have found, over the years, that my ADD affects my productivity at work. To begin with my job is very boring and uneventful. There is no challenge to it, which is the worst thing for someone with ADD. Someone like me needs to do something that I enjoy and find interesting so it will hold my attention, which is very hard to do. I have read on other sites that if an ADD person is doing something they enjoy that they have amazing focus. If I am not doing something interesting, I can not get anything done. I find myself distracting myself with other things, I get sidetracked easily. Even writing this blog entry today is difficult, and when you read it, you will find that I am writing all over the place and do not make any sense.

Also I have amazingly powerful weird memory skills. I can remember what I wore or did on a certain day like when I was 5, but sometimes I cant remember what I wore yesterday. Sometimes when I open up my browser to go to a site to check something out, I will forget what I went online to see, or I will get distracted by reading something on the homepage. Also I can remember obscure facts and trivia about meaningless things. I tell people I have a memory super powers but I cant harness my powers to do good things for me like when I was in school for classes or use it for work. I guess I need to defrag the drive in my brain and do a disk cleanup.

Some people say I use my ADD as an excuse or "crutch" , if you will. But I seriously believe I have some kind of problem. I have read all the symptoms on various ADD sites and I am doing most of them what they say. That is why I think it would be hard for me to find one job that I would truly enjoy doing for a career. My interests in what I like doing change almost daily. Sometimes I like working with computers and other times I would like to do something tennis related. I also enjoy working in the yard and doing projects around the house and building stuff. It really drives me crazy sometimes not being able to settle down and enjoy doing one thing. My mind is thinking about doing so many other things at once that end up overloading, crashing, and end up getting nothing done in the end.

Well that is enough for now I will add some more later. Later!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt that you are actually afflicted with ADD. ADD & ADHD are easily treated. Often the first prescribed medication will not be the exact medication for that individual, therefore it may take three prescriptions before the "right" medication is discovered. This cycle seems frustrating but those who actually want help will work with their physicians to find help. You however have given up on help. It seems you want to "own" this disease and use it to your advantage as an "excuse-generator" instead of owning up to your faults.

I do not mean to be harsh, I have helped many people through far worse diseases than trivial ADD & ADHD cases and I just want you to get help and live to your maximum potential.

7/27/2005 02:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, "at least you have a blog" too bad it's the worlds crappiest blog ever.

And are you EVER going to update it?

Even the mortgage spam-bot wants to know.

10/25/2005 11:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Click Here Now Mortgage rates as low as 3.95%
$150,000 mortgage for $494/mo. Other loan amounts available. Up to 4 lenders in 24 hours.
Save money Click Here Now

Why don't you update this blog?!

Love,
Mortgage Spam-bot

1/16/2006 11:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I don't remember what I'm saying as I'm saying it... I contribute it to killing too many brain cells over the years... Damn those Happy Hours!

2/15/2006 05:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home